Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why man, he doth bestride the narrow world Like a Colossus, and we petty men Walk under his huge legs and peep about To find ourselves dishonorable graves

Today, we visited Rhodes, in Greece. The island was undeniably beautiful, and we got a great view of it while cruising into the port today. Just a little time was spent on the beaches. Rhodes was a little warmer than the other destinations have been, which was really nice. Laying in the sun for any amount of time warms you up pretty fast, but it was nice to actually be able to go in the water, even if I didn't stay in for long before it was absolutely freezing.


I texted Eric a picture, as usual, and since I was there when he woke for the night, he showed me just how much he liked it. We didn't get to exploring the island until late...

We met up with Bianca and Liam (Liam couldn't stop smiling!), and set off. We got to see various religious and historical sights, which I absolutely loved, especially the religious ones. Is that strange? I almost regret that we didn't make the three hour drive to Delphi yesterday. I almost feel drawn there, but I don't know if it's such a great idea. I know Pythia's not supposed to be there, but who knows what consequences making that trip could have? She sees everything, and even if @AmberPulcher is still in Shreveport (or is supposed to be), that doesn't mean I know where the Pythoness is. I know I'll have to face my destiny with her one day, but I'm just not ready for it yet. Maybe that makes me a coward. I didn't even mention it to Eric. I don't know what he would say.


Liam and I tried one of the local restaurants. I think we're trying to get as much of this amazing food as possible. We went running on the beach today to try to work some of that off, but we both agreed that the sex definitely helps keep any weight off. It's also great motivation. No matter how much endurance we have, we're still doing vampires, and they could literally go forever. Well, at least until dawn. Eric and Bianca ordered some Greek Royalty, which Eric provided some interesting commentary for (as interesting as hearing about blood ever gets, anyway), and Bianca kept sniffing at Liam's food and wine. I don't think she's used to being around people while they're eating. I'm still surprised Bianca offered to bond with him. I didn't think she was the type, but then I've never really seen her react to a human the way she does to Liam. I haven't asked her about it, we're not that close, and she kind of scares me.

Tomorrow we head to Ephesus, Turkey. I don't actually know anything about it, so I think I'll do some research during the day tomorrow when I get up. I've been sleeping in, which is a luxury I definitely don't get at home, and love. I'm so tan, too, which I'm thrilled about. Nothing like starting the summer with a great tan. And I'm using sunscreen and all... which is important! [/PSA]

I went back, after the exploring, to Eric's cabin for a a very different kind of exploring. He's running a bath now, and almost done, so I think I have to cut this off and go join him. Such a chore...

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment