Monday, April 19, 2010

Egypt and Cruising

The past two days were spent in Egypt, Alexandria to be specific. Wow, wow, wow. The first day was, well, kind of a bust. Eric and Roman decided to go camel racing. It turns out, camels don't actually like to race. Everyone got a little injured, I think... I didn't though. Mostly because my camel wouldn't move at all. Not forward, not backward... He probably fell asleep. Really uneventful. There was a whole issue with Eric not understanding what camel toe meant, and then everyone was mad at Roman. Go figure.



At least I looked good, and I answered the age old question of what a girl wears camel racing... Then I took Eric back to his room, broken toe and all, and mostly just cuddled until he couldn't fight the dawn anymore. He really kind of melts my heart when he's all sleepy.

Yesterday was more... practical... Egypt exploring. There's so much to see! I did some great shopping, because everything was just so special, and we got to see so many things that I really never expected to see before. We went to the library, and a museum, and all the sites you would ever want to see in Alexandria. I'm learning so much this trip, and I love it.


The weirdest part was that night. Eric was all fairy high when I got back to his room, and he told me he sent Bianca to help Appius with training or something. He didn't say much, and if you've ever been around a fairy high vampire, you'd get why. They're adorable and blinky until something turns them on, and then they're all about the sex. Great sex. Really, really fantastic sex...

Anyway, around 9 or 10 in the morning, I guess, Sookie calls. Great, right? As I so eloquently put it (and I make no apologies, I'm so not a morning person without my coffee, and definitely not when woken up from some very nice naked cuddling), I wish she'd call and whine at her own boyfriend for once. Apparently Jessica was hurt or something, cause Eric had to send Bianca to bring her a donor. There was so much screaming, and I'm pretty sure at one point, Eric started cursing in another language. I was too tired to ask him what it was. I'll have to remember to do that at some point.

Eric had a really hard time staying up, which is completely normal. I've heard that it's considered torture to keep a vampire awake when the sun is out against their will, and this certainly seemed like it. I had a less successful time staying awake than even he did, but it's not entirely my fault. Fairy high vampires are enthusiastic...

When I woke up again, it was much later in the day, and the bed was a little... crowded. Bianca was in it, on Eric's other side. Completely naked.

Eric and Bianca have this insane connection. And I'd say I get it, but it's way beyond my capacity to get. They clearly love each other, even if I doubt any of us would hear either of them admit it. But fine, I haven't complained that they're still having sex, because I'm pretty sure they've been doing it for 400 years and it's not going to stop anytime soon.

That doesn't mean I want to wake up with her naked next to him.

So I left to clear my head. I went and exercised like I haven't in a while to try to clear my head, to try and find some other release for the... I don't even know what to call it. Because I don't want to see Eric naked with anyone else. I want to be the one Eric's naked with. The only one. So ridiculous, I know, but wouldn't anyone in my position feel the same? He's not human anymore, but I still am. That's important too, right?
 


So I ran, I did yoga, I sat on the deck and thought for a while. I thought a lot. And I decided to tell Eric how I feel. We're bonded, that means he can feel how I feel anyway, right? He can't read my mind, though, so there's no way for him to just know what I want. So I put on a pretty red dress, and I went back to his room.

I got all worked up to talk to him, got there, and he was all wet and in a towel. Distracting. I just kind of blurted out I want to be his girlfriend. It was actually kind of awkward. I didn't know Eric got awkward. Eric told me that I was the only living person he's having sex with, which I didn't actually know, but is great to know. He pointed out we've been on a lot of dates. It kind of deflated my whole big talk. I guess I've been confused about what kind of relationship we have, but we definitely do have a relationship. He said he doesn't plan on changing what we have, and since I like what we have, and really was just worried about other people. He's really good to me.

I think we made progress? I don't know. Vampires are confusing. Maybe I made things worse... Time will tell, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment